"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Oh Baby!

I'm very excited to report that Preggo is no longer Preggo, b/c she delivered her baby yesterday morning. We had cooked dinner together as planned (eggplant, of course). Around 6pm, Preggo's hubby and I started counting her contractions, which were fairly widely spaced and I suppose not very intense (seeing as Preggo had difficulties ascertaining if they were indeed contractions). I was over at their house past 1am, during which we were counting contractions, went for a walk, and heavily debating about whether she and her hubby should make the trek to the hospital. It was decided that she was in early early labor, and I went home...

So that she could call me 45 minutes later to ask me to come back. I stumbled, half awake/half asleep, over to their house to watch the little red headed monster.

To make the long story short, Preggo delivered her second baby, at 1043am on Thursday. It worked beautifully, b/c I'll be out of town for the next 5 days trying to find a place to live in Boston.

I also wanted to show the progress on my Sweet Feet Hill Country Yarns sock!



I'm using US 0, but the label suggested 2s. The yarn has a very nice hand, and I love the colors so far. The sock will stay home as I travel to Boston, but I can't wait to see how it looks when I start the stockinette section.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad it was a good delivery. Hope you have luck in Boston.

6/23/06, 9:45 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Congrats to Preggo and family! Good luck househunting and with your parents too! ;-)

6/23/06, 10:06 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Congrats to Preggo & family! Have fun househunting.

The sock is cute!

6/23/06, 11:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats to Preggo et al - seems very speedy!

Have a great time and good luck in Boston.

6/23/06, 6:11 PM  
Blogger Jae said...

Congrats to your sister! Glad that all went well and quickly.

Good luck in Boston!

6/24/06, 5:46 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

congrats preggo and hubby! the sock looks great :)

6/25/06, 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home