"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Oops! I did it again.

No. Unlike Britney, I'm not pregnant. BUT, I'm confessing to having another
airhead moment, in specific regards to the knitting world.

Garnstudio, which Celia keeps chatting up, has FREE patterns. Thousands of them. Not only are most of them attractive and modern with clean lines (most, mind you), but you can search by GAUGE. How freaking awesome is that? Then, you click on the little flag on the right (assuming that you want knitting instructions in English, not Norwegian) and presto! There's the pattern. There's also a handy dandy dictionary of knitting terms, in case you need some extra help. All this time, wasted, b/c I thought you had to purchase each pattern.

I'm trying to make this pattern with my BFY Primero. The 1500 yards gifted to me by my more than generous SP, Tiffany. I swatched a couple days ago, starting with US 6s. Though I think BFY Primero is some of the most beautiful and luxurious yarn I've ever felt/owned/seen, it looks like ASS when it's not knit in nice tight fabric. Went down to US 5s, and it was... ok. Not good enough. US 4s got me 11.5 sts/2inches, and a nice fabric... It's slow going, because I'm knitting continental again (the ribbing... always the ribbing), and I'm being a little (A LOT) OCD about making sure I"m not splitting the yarn.

Oh! Anyone know of a wooden circular needle that doesn't have a sharp point? I think that the BFY Primero is a bit slippery for Addis (that's what I'm using now) but I dare NOT use Addi Naturas and split every single stitch.

Since I got back from the east coast, I met up with Stacey, Amy (Stacey's friend from work who's recently been bitten by the knit bug), and Nachaele. Last night, Jeni and I went to Opal for happy hour sushi, followed by knitting at her house. All we got done was some swatching, b/c we spent half the night chasing after her new puppy.

Tonight, Michaele and I met up for a drink, because she's moved back to Denver! Whew. Seems like I'm squeezing in a lot of social meetups, but I want to squeeze in as much time with my Denver friends while I'm here.

I know I promised pics. I'm waiting to take a pic of my progress on my 88-04. Such nice patterns. why don't they give them names over at Garnstudio?

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow thanks for the handy link! for somereason i couldn't pull up the project you plan to make with BFY.....

6/30/06, 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the link to Garnstudio, how awesome!

6/30/06, 10:23 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I like that cardi pattern. So cute! Stop showing me stuff, missy!

6/30/06, 3:18 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I think 88-04 is a perfectly lovely name and that the points are never sharp enough.

Not falling for that free pattern stuff........not when I have zillions of unpaid (and unknit) patterns at home......

6/30/06, 4:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sorry, I'm a Turbo girl. :) Thanks for the link to the Garnstudio site!

6/30/06, 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home