"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Today was a good day to dye.

Bookish Wendy invited me along to a dye party over at Maggie's house. As with most knitting/fiber related meet ups, there was fabulous food (including pulled pork sandwiches, vegetable lasagna, homemade gumbo, fruit galore, and more desserts than you can shake a stick at)... and a fabulous time to be had.

Stitchy, Melanie, Martha (maker of fab delish gumbo), Maggie, Lynn (does she have a blog?), Wendy and I spent the entire time either eating or dying yarn.

I had meant to take pictures, depicting the process, but unless you just WATCH everyone else, there's no way you can take pics w/o getting your camera dirty. We soaked our yarn in cold water for 20 minutes, then Lynn and Maggie mixed up some dye bottles. We had a blast squirting, squishing, saran wrapping, and steaming up our yarn. After an hour in the steamer, we unwrapped, cooled, and rinsed our yarns.

Wanna see what I made? Come back tomorrow. It's drip drying in my bathtub.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

ooh i'm so jealous that i wasn't there. and bummed that i didn't get to meet you. next time.

9/17/06, 6:36 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Martha=Julia, right? Glad you had a good time and that you got to meet some other Boston knitters. I enjoy reading Julia's blog, she's very funny and entertaining. I look forward to seeing what you dyed up.

9/17/06, 12:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad you're getting integrated into the vast realm of Boston knitters!! Looking forward to the dyeing pictures.

9/17/06, 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home