"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Why don't I move more?

There are several things that make me ask this question of myself. The most obvious way to take the question for me, is to ask myself why I let myself gain weight back that I worked so hard to get off of me. Why did I stop going to the gym on a regular basis? Why don't I move more?

The second way I'm thinking this question involves... why don't I move, like pack up and move away, more?
Tiffany made my last day at the shop very memorable. Stacey, Jeni, and Michelle kept me company for the last couple hours of the day at the shop. We had a small feeding frenzy when we saw the new swag that Tiffany had ordered in. I got a complete set.




Then, Tiffany gave me a going away present! What more can a knitterly gal want besides to work in a yarn store you ask? Take a look



She made a couple cute stitchmarkers, got me an awesome seahorse magnet, and a lot of Godiva Chocolate. Yes, you read that right. GODIVA. But wait! There's more! (a la Ronco). What could top Godiva chocolates, you ask?



None other than a skein of ever loverly Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace. She gave me a choice between some Lonesome Star Alpaca Farm yarn (oh so loverly) or a skein of the LL. How can one go wrong?? Seriously, she's too generous. I've loved working there, and I wish I could've had that cush job the entire time I was in my master's program. Thanks a million Tiffany!!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

Nice gifts! Clearly, you've been well-loved and appreciated. Good luck with the move - sounds like it's getting close to the end. I kind of enjoy the packing part, at least the culling of useless junk. The unpacking is not so fun.

8/13/06, 7:01 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

That is so sweet! It is really bittersweet when we move. I wish you the best during your move. Ugh, packing and unpacking-not so much fun.

8/13/06, 9:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, how sweet!

8/13/06, 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! What a nice going away present.
Good luck with the move.

8/13/06, 5:56 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Well, we know some of the reasons why we don't move more. I don't know if they are reasons or excuses, but nonetheless, the same effect right? I suffer from the same problem, so hopefully a more routine "routine" will help you get back into fighting shape once in Boston.

8/15/06, 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home