"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Building a Mystery

What have I been up to? here's a teaser...



So, despite my competitive nature, I've fallen a bit behind with the Mystery Stole 2 A Long. A lot of local knitters are participating in this KAL (Joanne, Michelle, Jeni, and Stacey to name a few), and most are keeping pace with finishing about 100 rows per week. I'm on clue 3 on one side of my stole, and about mid way through clue 2 on the other side.



However, I've been busy with a few other things. Like driving out to the middle of nowhere to get free boxes. Here's my first fully packed box:



Yeah. it would be much nicer if that was a box of yarn. I've got about 4-5 more boxes half packed, but even though they're all the 'small' size, I can't fill em completely with books b/c then they're too heavy for me to lift.

don't feel to sad for me! Even though that nice box didn't come packed full of yarn, I had quite a haul on Friday afternoon after working all day at Colorful Yarns



What you see there... 6 balls of Kerry wool (50% alpaca, 50% wool)intended for the Lelah top , 4 balls of SWTC bamboo (intended for Lotus blossom from Summer IK 2006, or maybe Sizzle - damn you Wanda!!!), and one loverly skein of Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in the colorway Icehouse. Anyone detect a theme of which colors I happen to enjoy?

I'm glad I won't be working too much longer at an LYS, b/c it's oh so hard to resist temptation. Especially when my bill for all that yarn? $42 and change. Yep, you read that correctly! I got all that yarn and shelled out less than what the one skein of LL Helen's Lace would have cost me at retail price. How do people like Jon and Scout work at LYS and not have yarn coming out of their... everywhere?

While at camp, I frogged my opal sock back to before my short row heel to try it again. My first try had gaping holes that I could not live with... here she is all fixed up and pretty:



Here's my dessert knitting:


That's what I'm making out of my Primero yarn, gifted to me by my ever so lovely SP7, Tiffany. The pattern? From garnstudio... click here to see it...

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Lovely lovely yarny purchases! I couldn't work at a yarn store - I would have to move to a larger condo...

That's a cute cardi - it will be divine in the Primero.

7/23/06, 8:38 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I didn't know that Colorful was carrying Lorna's Laces....dangerous! Is there a pretty big selection?

I'm glad you got in one last haul- you deserve it!

7/23/06, 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is looking lovely. I was shocked that I finished all of Chart 3 this weekend, of course it entailed doing 60 rows yesterday alone, I think my fingers might fall off.

7/24/06, 9:09 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Your dessert knit looks delicious.

And I am too jealous to discuss your fabulous yarn purchases.

7/24/06, 12:58 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I'm glad that I can be an enabler to your knitting projects habit! Have you cast on yet for it?

7/25/06, 12:15 AM  
Blogger Ruby Girl said...

The dessert knitting is lovely, what a great/huge box of yarn, that would have been so great to get.

7/25/06, 3:13 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW! very cheap! love the lrah top, too bad i don't have the bod for it :( guess i could add straps? cyn, you are an enabler! the mystery stole is beautiful, i want to join that KAL next time :)

7/25/06, 6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Primero sweater is coming out so nice! I must not have seen it in a while because I don't remember being able to see the cabling. Sooo pretty.

7/25/06, 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I'd known! I would have saved my boxes for you!!!

7/28/06, 1:23 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

How easy is it to follow the Garnstudio pattern? There are dozens from their website that I want to make, but I'm a little nervous about following the translated instructions.

8/2/06, 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home