"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Roughin' it



What could be better than good friends, good food (which is bad for you), the mountains, and knitting? Not too much. We organized a small group to head up to Keystone for a few nights away from it all... and I loved every minute of it.
As expected, we spent quite a bit of time knitting, but we also played games, watched movies, and cooked a few meals.
Michaele made some homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast, which were DE-LI-CIOUS (where's the recipe?), Nachaele, Michelle and I cooked up a spaghetti/meatballs, green beans and garlic bread dinner one night, and then Nachaele made some yummy egg/green chile/and cheese casserole dish for breakfast on Sunday. We had other provisions to keep us satisfied between meals...



And that's before half the people got there. Kim alone brought three bags of potato chips, another three bags of tortilla chips, and assorted salsas to share. Dang.

We had more souvenirs to share with the campers:


Jeni, Michelle, and Stacey sewed them up, and I found some goodies to put inside.

I worked on a variety of projects, but I've been promising progress pics on Madli for quite some time:



When I got back, Preggo (who's no longer Preggo) invited me over for dinner. She made some lamb kofta and we ordered some hummus and baba gannouj from a local middle eastern restaurant. We finally had time to felt her clogs.



All in all, a terrific weekend. But now I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

Next up: progress on Mystery Stole, and what I'm making with my Brooks Farm Yarn Primero.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your right, that's really roughin it! It looks like a lot of fun though, and boy the food sounds great too. What a perfect way to rejuvenate!

7/19/06, 9:16 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Madli looks good! Camp sounds like it was a blast and you all needed those calories to replace the ones you burnt off knitting. Yeah, that's it.

I think that a vacation after a vacation should be mandated.

7/19/06, 1:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful getaway! Your own mini knitting retreat.

Madli is lovely!

7/19/06, 1:53 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

what fun! and parting gifts too! glad you guys had a good time knitting and camping... hmmm, what are you doing with that BFY? great colgs and maldi looks great.

7/19/06, 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you liked the rolls. the recipe is in The Best Recipe - a cookbook put together by Cook's Illustrated magazine.

thanks for inviting me - I had a great time!

7/28/06, 1:24 PM  
Blogger LG said...

You had such a great time! Beautiful weekend! ;)

7/31/06, 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home