"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

With a little help from my friends...

the theme of the last few days!

on Sunday, a few of us helped Michelle put together a few things for her wedding.



We cut. We scored. We glued and tied, and re-tied... we got high and had a few glasses of wine. (have you ever worked with rubber cement for longer than 5 minutes w/o getting high?)

We had pre-arranged with Michelle's DH a sneaky way to get back into the house when we left for dinner, so that we could surprise her...



with her very own lantern moon 5 tier basket! I think she was truly surprised, and I loved that it was such a sneaky tricksy thing to do!

We spent all day Sunday with her, doing wedding stuff, and I don't think I knit one stitch all day. Such a shame to spend the entire day with knitters and not knit at all.

More help was to be had at home. I think I have accumulated enough boxes to move a small army. I have packed up my knitting books, and decided that my knick knacks (mostly candles) could be packed away. (Does anyone think that I have too many? I mean, I filled an entire box... with just candles. Shit. I think I like to horde things).

Look who came to help!



he sure is cute, but certainly NOT very helpful. The epitome of the phrase "bung dow mung" since I had to fight him tooth and nail for every piece of newspaper I wanted to use to wrap my candles in...

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad Chaos was able to break away from his busy lounging schedule to help you out! :)

7/26/06, 9:23 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Such a nice gift for Michelle. Aw, and the kitty is so sweet and cute he really doesn't need to do anything.

7/26/06, 12:27 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

It was fun being sneaky and I'm so glad that she liked the gift. If you need any help packing, just let me know! I've done it so many times, not a prob. Plus it's easier to help other people pack than myself!!

7/26/06, 1:19 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So....not helpful? Maybe he thought you needed confetti and not solid newspaper?

What a cool present!

7/26/06, 1:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

what a fun time! i'm sure great memories were made that day.

what a lovely gift, too!!

7/27/06, 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home