"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I feel pretty... oh so pretty.

It totally tickles my funny bone that even though I now have cable, I still watch (and get a kick out of) commercials. The latest two I'm fond of?

Andy Roddick vs Pong (just the first one, not the follow up)
Maria Sharapova in "I feel pretty" by Nike

Jeni may be the only one who knows what I'm talking about. Anyway, I did an expensive trip to Bed Bath and Beyond, using my many saved BBB coupons (and some made fun of me for having so many!!), buying some towels, a new shower curtain, many many hangers, etc etc. They had the masses walking through like we were on a conveyor belt, since that BBB is in the middle of Boston U, Boston College, Harvard, MIT, and many other colleges.

I have been feeling girly though. and kinda wussy. I think out here, millipedes are abundant. I'm not as familiar with millipedes as I am with centipedes, but I'm not really very good with ANY types of bugs (besides regular sized ants and fruit flies, though both gross me out). A couple nights ago, I was running around my new apartment screaming like a little girl. Little high pitched yelps. Why? Because I saw this MONSTER running along the floor. The vacuum cleaner was brought out to do the dirty work, with the help of a few high pitched screams from me. Those mother effers are FAST with all those little legs! AND IT WAS NEXT TO MY YARN! so, obviously that f*cker had to die. Fast forward about 20 minutes, as I'm unpacking kitchen boxes. Another scream, followed by many holy sh*ts! holy sh*t! holy shit!! vacuum to the rescue again, chasing after millipede (or at least I believe it's a millipede, and NO, i do NOT want to go look at pics on the internets to compare).

Anywhoodle, I'm off to THE city tomorrow via Amtrak. My friends have Amtrak miles and used their rewards so I could go see them over the holiday weekend. Even better? Jeni will be in town, for the US Open, and we'll spend time together on Saturday.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger CjSachiko said...

I hate bugs. My husband gets frustrated, but rescues me, never the less, from the nefarious creatures. ;)

8/30/06, 5:10 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Yup. Those things are scary and perfectly harmless but still extremely creepy. I especially used to notice them when it rained, butt ever since I have had kitty cats, there is no more critters with more than four legs in our home (knock on wood).

8/30/06, 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick. Bugs.
At least they're not roaches.
And many kudos to you for tackling them on your own.

8/30/06, 6:06 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Uggh, gross! Bugs are just yucky! I don't blame you, you have to get rid of them, they just make me feel all creepy-crawly. Enjoy your trip to NYC>

8/30/06, 7:47 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

i hate insects! i scream and make people STOMP the heck out of them.. i put all my yarn that's out in bags so that the creepy crawleys can't get them...

i was just watching the I feel pretty commercial and thinking how much I LOVE it.. though i like the whole version not the newer cut off one...

8/30/06, 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eww, bugs! And many legged bugs are the worst.

The City! Fun!

8/30/06, 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you see the insects, just keep in mind that to it, you look like a giant whose going to kill it! It makes them less scary.

Enjoy your trip to NYC!

8/30/06, 10:41 PM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

i laughed out loud when i saw this:

"many holy sh*ts! holy sh*t! holy shit!!"

i think your asterisk key stopped working... :)

i miss boston - try to drop into the japanese bakery on beacon st. at st. mary's on the C line. it's called japonais. i lived across the street from it. that and the dunkin donuts made studying more bearable.

8/30/06, 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the bug thing you were asking me about? Sickers. I think it's because you're on the lower floor...

Glad to hear you pulled off a sucessful trip to BBB. Now when can we get together and knit?!

8/31/06, 7:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chaos loves to eat those critters... Altho first he mauls them enough to leave legs all over. Ewww.

Have a great trip!

8/31/06, 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you:( I'm so jealous that Jeni gets to see you this weekend! Are you going to go to any yarn shops? Have fun!

8/31/06, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Bugs-ewwwww! I should have bought stock in Raid when I had my first apartment--I would unload a can of it on any critter I saw(probably not that healthy for me looking back on it now). Hopefully you'll be "debugged" soon--when is their first frost? That usually gets rid of them.

Have fun with Jeni this weekend; I'll be thinking of you both!

8/31/06, 10:58 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ewwww! when my hubby moved to Baton Rouge from San fransisco he notices that louisiana had wierd ugly bugs... freaked him out! then he moved to texas, and they are just bigger and creepier here! but millipedes? never seen one, never want too!

8/31/06, 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First it's Make A Word and now I Feel Pretty. I've see that ad and the Pong one about 50 million times since reading about it here. Such an influence you are! Now if only a post from you about how you received tons of free yarn and knit them up in a night would have the same effect....

9/1/06, 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this, but I don't think the vacuum cleaner kills the bugs. It just puts them somewhere else.

Ah, how little I miss humid climates...

9/16/06, 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home