"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Have You Seen This Girl?

Ok. Like you really thought I was gonna post a pic of myself?
I made it to my new place in Boston on Monday evening. The drive was as expected, with the cats and a lot of crap in the back, my friend and I in the front, and snacks galore. My friend C and I have taken many road trips since college, and I knew we would make good time (we have the same road trip rules: 1) No stopping unless the gas tank is empty. 2) No stopping unless the gas tank is empy. 3) Limit intakes of fluids, as to prevent the need to pee in a cup. ) I'm kinda sorta kidding, but not really. Since we left on Saturday at about 130pm Mountain Time, and made it to Boston by Monday at 7pm, you can see that there was minimal stopping.

Since then, I've been a busy girl. I've signed up for my classes (SIX <6> of them!!), gone on an IKEA excursion with the newly expecting Wendy, and unpacked about 90% of my stuff. I bought a new yarntainer at IKEA, b/c I realized that I just had TOO much yarn. My internet and cable (wow! lookee all the TV! I'm like a kid in a candy store) got hooked up on Thursday afternoon. I figured since I know almost no one out here in Boston, that I might as well sign up for cable, after abstaining for 7 years.

Unfortunately, I have no knitting or yarn to show off. I'm busy with the administration duties of the International Scarf Exchange 3 and scheduling a quick getaway to NYC before school starts.

Leaving Denver has been really hard for me. I keep trying to figure out why I didn't have such a big reaction when I moved from Michigan. All I can come up with is it's b/c of all my awesome friends in Denver. When I left MI, all but one friend had left the state. After 7 yrs in Denver, it really felt like home. I'm sure I'll love Boston, but I'll need a lot of time to adjust. Maybe that's when I'll be ready to change my blog location from "Denver" to "Boston." Does that also mean I need to leave the Mile High Knitters blog ring?

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

welcome to boston! you'll love it here. i promise.

8/27/06, 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new "yarntainer" is great, but I might like the name better. :-)
Welcome to the east coast!

8/27/06, 7:06 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm glad you made it safely(and quickly). It takes a while to feel at home somewhere new--I know. It will happen, but you still will have a special place in your heart for your Denver crew :)

8/27/06, 9:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad you made it ok and are getting settled in!

8/27/06, 4:20 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

give yourself some time, there are lots of great knitterly bloggers in bostn - you'll quickly make new friends. speaking of quick - holy cow! you made excellant time!!

8/27/06, 5:06 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Stay in the ring! And good luck with the transition! The yarn isn't there yet but it's really on its way! (Really!) Can't wait to hear more!

8/27/06, 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Boston, the one nice thing though about leaving an area you have good friends, you always have a nice place to visit!

8/28/06, 9:45 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Glad you made it there safely! and those are pretty much my road trip rules. I have to plan stops or I tend to drive to whatever place we wanted to reach that night. Straight through, the way travel is supposed to be.

Here's hoping that Boston will be as nice as Denver for you.

8/28/06, 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you too!!! No you can't feel at home there, you have to come back, don't be silly! See you soon!

8/28/06, 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you don't have to leave the ring...you'll always be a mile-hi knitter! So...how many shows do you have a season pass to on your TiVo already?? Obviously you put Iron Chef on there...but what else? Okay...I'm just going to email you now instead of leaving the worlds longest comment.

8/29/06, 8:31 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

glad you are there safe and sound! and thank God either of you didn't get bladder infections!!! he he he... i am sure you will get in the swing of things... WOW NY have fun!

8/29/06, 7:19 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

God, do I love me a yarntainer.

8/30/06, 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CYN!!!! I'm just back from my trip and ready to go to TC and knit and catch up with everyone. As the Pink Floyd song goes, "Wish You Were Here".

I'm glad that you had a good trip across the country. Boston is a wonderful city... enjoy it... but you'll always be a Denverite!

*Hugs* Joanne

8/30/06, 4:28 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

You definitely don't have to leave the Mile Hi Knitters, you're just displaced in MA for now! I'm glad you made it safely. You are definitely missed.

8/30/06, 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the yarntainer. Man we need an IKEA here. :D
You will always be a mile high knitter. Don't kid yourself. Like we'd let you consider yourself otherwise. ;)

9/6/06, 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home