"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Yarntainer*

*aka... why Cynthia hasn't been yarn shopping since moving to Boston.

I have more pics I need to take/show, of the sleeve out of Rowan Calmer, the clapotis redux (winter version), and whatever else I've allowed myself to cast on for while moving.

I do have some pics to share now though. Of the ever so incredible and every knitter should have one, Yarntainer, brought to you by IKEA (I have the one that's four cubbies x four cubbies, in the black brown).

If you look closely, you can see my Ikea chair (aka, where Cyn sits b/c she has no couch). I have the tv tray set up to hold remotes and my diet coke (or, my books and my binders). And underneath the coffee table, you see the huge bin of WIPs.

Close ups?



I also wanted to show you all, and especially Stacey, the yarn I bought in NYC at School Products, which I visited with Jeni.


Ok. I'm watching the US Open right now, and I've been missing all the important points. I'll blog about my first week of school later.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I have a Magicker that I use for my clothes, with knitting magazines tucked in the extra cubbies. Works great!

9/9/06, 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It fits perfectly!

9/10/06, 7:33 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love your yarntainer--so is that your whole stash or is there some more waiting in the wings? I hope you're getting settled and comfortable with everything. I miss talking to you :)

9/10/06, 9:18 AM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

wow that's a huge stash. i'm drooling here!

9/10/06, 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ex-cellent.

9/11/06, 8:26 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

the us open is soooo much fun!! i went with DE a few years ago and it kills me how quiet you have to be!!

i knew you would notice that i was in boston. i was there for hours & trust me, had I known it was going to be so long, i would have conned you into hanging out with me at the airport! actually, we were at a wedding all weekend 3 hours deep in the woods of new hampshire and literally drove through boston each way in a mad rush to either a). get to the wedding b/c we were late w/ delays or b). we were late to the airport to find out that there was a delay and we were'nt late at all. "why didn't you fly into Manchester" you ask? I'm asking myself the same question.

trust me....a (real) trip to boston will not be complete without a visit from cyn cyn and i will mos def. be calling (er, i mean blogging) you up.

9/12/06, 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty and organized. I'm jealous. My stash is a complete mess. I've asked Stacey to help me organize. Wish us luck!

9/13/06, 10:55 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Umm, I'm wondering if your stash is bigger than mine! I'm thinking yes. Love the "yarntainer". Have you decided on getting a couch? I think you should.

9/13/06, 11:03 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ohhhhh! that yarntainer wpould just haunt me!!!! it would remind me of the stash i've collected!

9/13/06, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That yarn is gorgeous!!

9/14/06, 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarntainer looks great, and so organized. I wish they had an IKEA here!

I hope that all is going well with you.

9/14/06, 11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is the pink and green yarn Koigu? Love it! What colorway is it?

9/18/06, 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home