A month goes by so quickly around here. Let's bullet point most of it...
- Cosmo is doing well. Made it through my 2 weekends in a row away from home with no problems. weight is a steady and slim 12.5 lbs (down from his highest weight of 16 lbs, and 14 lbs at time of diagnosis)
- Danger is also happier now that the amt of pets and attention is more even between the two cats. I am also happy to report that his kitty chin acne is gone.
- This week is my last week of working with clients at the health center. After this week, I have my annual conference, then 2 weeks off!! WOOT WOOT!
- I have funny parent stories to share. Stay tuned.
- Sadly, my mom's best friend just passed away unexpectedly. I'm feeling really bad for my mom, who's mother also died recently (well... almost a year ago, but it doesn't feel like it's been very long).
- I've been knitting like a fiend on the Debbie Bliss Cabled Hooded Jacket (pattern linked here for Ravelers. I'm making it with ONline Kaschmerino, in a deep blood red. I LOVE it, but slow going with the cables and all. I would prefer to finish in time to send to the baby shower, but am thinking it will be a gift for later.
- I CLEANED MY APARTMENT. All that is left to do is to file away the last few bits of bills and school paperwork. This item is a bigger deal than you think... my apt hasn't looked this clean since about the first week I moved in.
Ok. That catches us up to this weekend. Where my friend came to visit (the mommy of LRHM- little red headed monster, who needs a new nickname b/c he is TALL). It was great to hang out with her for the weekend, and even though I love LRHM, it's been FOREVER (um, about 5 yrs) since we've had some serious time by ourselves.
She flew in on Friday late night. I had a whole schedule planned for us (I know, I know. None of you who know me are gasping in shock that I would pre-plan the entire weekend). we were SUPPOSED to go grab some yummy Thai food for dinner, but the delay meant we had to grab PIZZA. We shared a calzone, with eggplant (YUM) inside. I LOVED IT. The sauce was great (spicy, not sweet). I'll be going back there. (For others in Boston area, it was Pizzanini
at the corner of Comm Ave and Washington. We stayed up until 330am chit chatting and digesting.
Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts. Stroll around the Boston College campus and show her where I spend the majority of my time. She likes architecture and buildings, so she appreciated the 'oldness' of all the BC buildings. I was a bit upset b/c many buildings were locked, and the souvenir store closed for inventory (wanted to get LRHM a little T-shirt). Then we headed to Brown Sugar Cafe
for lunch (Country Style Pad Thai and Thai Fried rice, both extra spicy- YUM ME!) We hopped back on the T to head to Newbury street to do lots of street shopping. LUSH
stole our hearts and we parted with some cash to buy some very nice smelling soaps. i got the Sexy Peel and Porridge soaps. Sexy Peel is a lemony smell, while Porridge smells like... a delicious oatmeal cookie.
There are so many shops that we went into, and I can't quite remember them all. My friend has worked hard and gotten into terrific shape, so she tried on some Lucky Brand jeans. My credit card had the worst damage at Filene's Basement, where I bought some new sunglasses, a fall/rain jacket, and some socks. We headed up to the North End for some italian food at Pagliuca's
. Gnocchi in fra diavlo sauce, and Chicken Felix. SO DELISH. We pounded out a recipe for her to attempt at home (in the old days, i would be going over on a monday night and we would attempt this recipe together. boo!!). Head down the street to Modern Pastry
. We shared a peach ganache and a chocolate dipped cannoli with riccota and chocolate chipss. We brought these home to eat with the Chai cream liquor
that she brought me as a gift.
You'd think we'd be done eating right? NO NO. We got up this morning and schlepped off to brunch at Blue Room
in Kendall Square/Cambridge (Thank the heavens for the pocket map I bought when I first moved here!). Check out the brunch menu. It is SICK! Even walking around Harvard Square for a few hours did not help the over extended belly syndrome, aka FOOD BABY that I was carrying around. waddling, I tell ya, waddling.
Drove her out to the train station around 7ish, and had to come home to bake cupcakes. Am sad that the weekend is over, but so glad she was able to come visit!!
Labels: cats, friends